"We should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh" - Friedrich Nietzsche

The problem with false economies is that they're just that...things that seem prudent at the time...yet come back, when you least expect it, pointing fingers and saying "I told you so". Case in point, for quite some time now it's been apparent that a void existed in my life...a gap that could only be filled by a laptop bag that would hold all of my tech gear and (important point) be able to be carried...lifted...and schlepped through an airport without causing an injury.

False economy (that little swine) caused me to buy bags that were (in no particular order)...pretty...vaguely practical...great for the weekend/bad for the laptop...massively over-sized...black. None of which, sadly, fulfilled my requirements. A while ago I found a bag that I thought would meet all my needs but f.e. (that little swine) convinced me that it was too expensive. And so, "economy" set in...and I bought all of the other bags that were (to quote the immortal Goldilocks) "almost right".

A week or so ago...in the battle of Heb vs false economy...I found myself faced, once again, by the-bag-that-was-perfect-yet-too-expensive. This time, false economy was caught unawares by a nifty uppercut, and hit the ground.

Yes, Louis Vuitton's icare is...expensive. But...it's practical...everything fits...I'm not in pain five seconds after I pick it up...and...it will last forever. Am I rationalizing? Yes...because I do feel a little guilty about this purchase. Have I learned my lesson...that false economies cost more in the long run...I'd have to say yes to that as well.
Photobucket

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 33 comments:

  • Smokey Eyes said...
    12:17 PM
    I am loving that Louis bag! What a wonderful way to travel in luxury. Louis is definitely my dream bag :)
  • Mia L. said...
    6:07 AM
    love it. the initials make it even more special :)

    xx m

    www.thisishowwerule.blogspot.com
  • ANNA said...
    6:45 AM
    Heeej,
    sorry for this comment HERE at your post. (:
    But your eMail button is damaged? :D

    I saw that you are a member of tfs. Can you pleeeease invite me!!??

    Please, please, please. I just can watch the forum but cant post withput membership

    Lovely greetings from germany,
    Annie


    My Blog: laleluxury.blogspot.com
    My eMail: Anna-Klam@gmx.net
  • ANNA said...
    6:47 AM
    P.S.: This Vuitton Bag is so fuckingamazingbeautiful.... awwwww, im so jealous!!! :))
  • Buy and Sell said...
    2:07 AM
    ..Hello,
    ..I'm just wandering the blogosphere and here I am at your blog.
    ..I enjoy the style of how this all works

    *_* nEnEng *_*
  • Buy and Sell said...
    2:08 AM
    ..Hello,
    ..I'm just wandering the blogosphere and here I am at your blog.
    ..I enjoy the style of how this all works

    *_* nEnEng *_*
  • 8:49 AM
    So, I do not really consider it may have success.
  • pay per head said...
    9:28 PM
    Good article, read with great interest.
  • mobb said...
    10:33 PM
    gotta love that bag.:D
  • Taylor M said...
    1:20 PM
    Love it! Enjoy every minute wearing it. I went through the same rationalizing process but I don't regret my purchase for a second :)
  • Handbags Online said...
    7:30 PM
    Nietzsche has a prodigy in you - a humorous account of what we all go through especially when trying to find room in the closet for that new handbag (f.e.) - practicality and handbag, do they belong in the same sentence?
  • Wedding sarees said...
    11:53 PM
    Simple is happiness, your blog let a person look happy, that effort is return, as long as you work hard, and we won’t be able to let myself down!
  • angga said...
    2:03 AM
    info yang keren gaan,,
    salam kenal yaa,,,, :)
  • beny said...
    2:11 AM
    artikelnya menarik juga, semoga bermanfaat
    salam kenal ya gaan.. :)
  • cucu said...
    2:19 AM
    makasih ya udah share..sangat bermanfaat
  • dodi said...
    2:22 AM
    artikel yang bagus kawan, semoga bermanfaat bagi yang baca.
  • eza said...
    2:24 AM
    artikelnya oke gaan........??? mantaaaaappppp........
  • gandi setiawan said...
    2:34 AM
    makasih banyak atas infonya, sangat brmnfaat skali..
  • haris said...
    2:36 AM
    sangat bermanfaat sekali gaan, makasih yaa :)
  • indra said...
    2:39 AM
    informasi yang oke sobat,,,,, (y)
  • johan yoga said...
    2:41 AM
    thanks for share.. :)
  • kania said...
    2:43 AM
    nice post (y)
  • lena said...
    2:46 AM
    artikenya bermanfaat sangat bro ;)
  • mulyadi said...
    2:48 AM
    thank you brother, artikelnya verry good, hehe,,,,
  • adre schurrle said...
    12:35 AM
    thanks for your share, succes and lucky for you :) ;)
  • iin said...
    11:54 PM
    i'm love it :D
    thanks for your share :)
  • julian said...
    10:10 PM
    nice your post brother, I like this :)
  • arnold said...
    10:35 PM
    nice post brother :)
  • adnan yanujaz said...
    10:43 PM
    thank you brother, artikelnya verry good, hehe,,,,
  • Marnick Vermijl said...
    11:03 PM
    nice article sob, very useful
  • KokiTa said...
    2:32 PM
    problems with nervous system
    http://1newbestof.blogspot.com/2014/01/problems-with-nervous-system.html

    http://1newbestof.blogspot.com/2014/01/symptoms-of-nervous-system_2.html
  • 8:04 AM
    thank you for this exellent post. I found this printing center in Chicago and i'm very satisfied. Just visit : http://jpc-chicago.com. Thanks and enjoy
  • 1:54 AM
    Yeah that's true a smile is really necessary for get going.
    Earrings Designs Pakistan
    Bracelets Pakistan
    Bangles in Pakistan
    Bridal Jewelry

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...