"We were a silent, hidden thought in the folds of oblivion, and we have become a voice that causes the heavens to tremble." - Kahlil Gibran

As I went through the mail that had accumulated over the last week or so I was reminded of two things. One, the sheer volume of junk mail...of the type that isn't worth the paper it's printed on...that I receive...is staggering. After all these years you would have assumed that the faceless beings behind these things would have figured out that I'm not going to fall prey to their unsolicited offers but, no, they just keep coming...

Number two, that an almost indecent amount of childish pleasure can be derived from a catalog or invitation that has been folded...or boxed...or packaged a little differently from the norm. Like, for instance, APC's Fall 2010 poster-a-log...a perfect blending of poster and catalog...featuring a very 1970's safari Eniko (styled by Venetia Scott) on one side...and APC's finest on the other.

After all this paper folding...sitting indoors as I try to avoid the 104 degree heat index outside...I may need to make some origami water bombs...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • The Tote Trove said...
    1:22 PM
    I too suffer from a daily influx of junk mail. It piles up on every available surface of my admittedly messy house. I agree that the odd fun catalog, valuable clothing coupon, or note from a friend is a much welcome departure.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...