Normal service will resume...I hope

Blogger, who hath served me so faithfully for all these years, appears to be throwing a bit of a hissy fit. Not sure if others are affected or I am the sole beneficiary of his tantrum (that's right...historically, ships are female...issue-causing blog providers, male). Anyway, attempts will be made to post as usual...

What I had hoped would be my new summer fail-safe...Gap's billowing black dress...finally arrived. As did a question from Anon...which mysteriously disappeared when Blogger started acting up. Anon's question was as follows..."what size did you get? just your normal size? my boyfriend just bought me this (we're long distant) and I'm suddenly afraid its do big."

The answer...I did get my normal size but the dress seems to run a little large (not overwhelming so...the skirt portion being voluminous anyway...just a bit big if you like things tight around the bust area). Now for the rest...

The fabric, sadly, isn't what I hoped...it's a bit...cheap looking (the sort of thing that makes you scared to go too near an open flame). The dress is long...close to ankle length and I'm 5'11"...and the built in slip is rather long as well, which diminishes some of the summer floatiness that should be inherent in the dress, and makes you feel cocooned (great in winter, sweaty and somewhat shroud-like in summer).

The slip can be shortened...the length is more a welcome surprise than a let-down...the fabric is...a problem. I just can't decide if the dress is a less-than-enthusiastic-keeper that I would definitely get some wear out of...or a good-try-that-misses-the-essential-requirements-of-the-perfect-summer-dress (for me).

Anon...would love to hear your thoughts when your dress arrives...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...