"Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance." - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

There are various times in your life when you feel like an adult...when you buy a house...when you get a "real" job...and, I can now say with some certainty, when you buy a suede brush...because that one little piece of plastic takes you out of the realm of feckless youth and places you firmly in the land of "adults who take proper care of their clothing".

Which is why...close on the heels of the realization that Mr. Heb and I both had suede footwear in our closets...we went out and bought the brush...got it home...and realized, rather pathetically, that neither of us actually knew the correct way to brush suede. In a haze of memory I recalled my mother owning a suede brush...but had no recollections of her actually using it. Thankfully, any facts of life that your parents neglected to catch you up on can be Googled...three minutes and thirty one seconds of remarkably in-depth video later and I felt equipped to brush with the best of them.

Sadly, I couldn't imbed the how to video here so I'll leave you with Black Sabbath's rendition of Blue Suede Shoes...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...