Diplomacy and salad...

"To make a good salad is to be a brilliant diplomatist -- the problem is entirely the same in both cases. To know exactly how much oil one must put with one's vinegar." - Oscar Wilde

Anyone who's been visiting here for a while will be aware that I have a slight fascination with the sheer volume of "stuff" that bears the name, or face, of Karl Lagerfeld. Though this ephemera appears with almost disturbing regularity it's not often enough to form the basis of a drinking game...at this point it's more like train spotting...I've got the Lagerfeld $140,000 champagne case in my notebook...and the limited edition Bûche de Noël...one more food and drink related item and I can indulge in an anorak wearing snort of nerd-dom.

And here we go..."heh, heh, snort"...my food-y trifecta has been accomplished thanks to the Insalata Karl Lagerfeld...available only at Paris’ La Gioia restaurant (or at its sister site in Saint Tropez)...and featuring Alaskan king crab, Sicilian olive oil, bread crusts, sea salt, black pepper, and lemon juice.

Of course, like any true collector I want to add to my set, my eyes are now on a main course...so if anyone hears about a Lagerfeld tv dinner, let me know...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...