"...to behave like cads of the most unscrupulous kidney..."

"It is a standing insult to sportsmen to have to play under a rule which assumes that players intend to trip, hack and push their opponents, and to behave like cads of the most unscrupulous kidney. The lines marking a penalty area are a disgrace to the playing fields of a public school." - Charles Burgess Fry

Until Barney's menswear catalog popped into our mailbox I had no idea that "the cad" was back for summer 2010. Yet there he was, on page 6, in all of his slicked-backed-hair, oh-did-somebody-just-drop-a-tenner prime. In case anyone is curious, when the weather gets warmer the cad will be wearing (amongst other things) a $995 cardigan and $370 suede boat shoes from Ermenegildo Zegna...which probably explains his enthusiasm over finding some money on the ground...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    10:59 AM
    The "Cad," I love it! Isn't that guy on MadMen a consummate "cad?" I don't watch the show, I'm hoping you can tell me.

    This guy (in the photo) reminds me of so many cads.
  • Hebden said...
    6:31 PM
    enc - I don't watch it either...though I may have to if it features a really good "cad".

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...