"Isn't elegance forgetting what one is wearing?" - Yves Saint Laurent

One man's 'elegant' is another man's 'frump'...the words that, unfortunately, kept swimming round in my head as I looked at the images of Creatures of Comfort's washed silk, full, below-the-knee skirt. Perhaps the 'f' word is too harsh...stirred by memories of similarly shaped skirts lurking in the depths of my adolescent memories...but the 'e' word doesn't feel quite right (and is CoC's word, not mine).

Perhaps it's just a mental block on my part...how would you rate this skirt...'e'...'f'...or some other letter?
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    7:23 PM
    Definitely an "F" grade. It reminds me of something my home ec teacher would wear back in the late 80s. The stylish shoes don't change the fact that it's frumpy, better suited to a pair of Pappagallos and a bermuda bag!
  • Hebden said...
    8:08 PM
    This is a rare instance where Google has failed me...what are 'Pappagallos'? All I could find were restaurant reviews...
  • Jennifer said...
    10:05 PM
    Pappagallo was a brand which made shoes and bags that all true Preppy women wanted to wear. I imagine them with navy pants embroidered with a pattern of little kelly green whales. That was very definitely my HS home ec teacher! If you can get hold of a copy of the classic 1980 book "The Official Preppy Handbook", I'm sure they have at least a paragraph devoted to the brand. Now I need to remember to get my copy from my childhood home and reread it.
  • annemarie said...
    8:08 AM
    Y- yuck. This length of skirt makes everyone look thick-legged, even the model.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...