"It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone and a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone." - anon

Photobucket

Several years ago (actually, it's probably a few more than that...oh, how time flies) Barney's marketing boffins created The Book of Love...idealized pictures from the day-to-day life of a (pardon the pun) model New York-er. Slightly battered though it is around the edges at this point the BoL poster in my possession resides on the back of my closet door...slap bang in the middle of the mood board that (theoretically) provides inspiration whenever I venture inside.

Photobucket


The thing that struck me this morning is that...despite the passage of time...give or take the odd look...I'd still welcome most of the pieces from the BoL into my closet with open arms. Especially if the prices had remained the same...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • C. H. said...
    7:41 AM
    I seriously loved this too! But lost my copy! As a complete stranger from the internet, so no worries if you can't, I wonder if there's any chance, if you have time at all, to post the whole thing?
  • romaine said...
    11:22 PM
    somewhat new to good classic fashion, so i never saw BoL but love the photos, styling, clothes, etc.... thanks for posting! i would glady wear any of those outfits. love them.
  • Hebden said...
    5:17 PM
    I'm so glad others like this...

    Christine - I've been working non-stop for the last few days but will scan and post the whole thing in the next couple of days.
  • site said...
    4:58 PM
    Very worthwhile data, lots of thanks for this post.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...