"Woke up, it was a Chelsea morning..."

"Woke up, it was a Chelsea morning, and the first thing that I knew
There was milk and toast and honey and a bowl of oranges, too.
And the sun poured in like butterscotch and stuck to all my senses."

- Joni Mitchell

PhotobucketConsidering that the thermometer is perilously close to "no boots unless the entire day will be spent in an air-conditioned environment" point...something that I discovered after an ill-advised stroll in ankle boots the other day...it's a bad time to be (theoretical) boot shopping.

On the one hand, there's the undeniable charm of Balenciaga's rumpled, brogue-ish, Chelsea boots...on the other, there's the fact that just looking at them makes me perspire (because mother said that 'ladies' never sweat...a fact that I disclose in a completely tongue-in-cheek way).

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    11:46 PM
    I guess I'm not a lady, as I sweat heavily in the NY summers. I love these boots... I notice you're very much a fan of Chelsea boots, and I can see why!
    PS, Heb, I also know you are drawn toward skull-themed accessories and came across one you may like. I'm not usually into them, but this ring is pretty damn awesome and relatively affordable:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/49383313/bespoke-3d-printed-skull-ring-in?ref=v1_other_1
  • Hebden said...
    8:59 AM
    Yes, 'perspire' is fine for chilly British summers but doesn't work in 90 degree heat/humidity.

    I am a bit of a Chelsea boot addict...they're comfortable and have the ability to make random outfits a bit smarter and more pulled together.

    Talking of addictions...thanks for the link. I think the black acrylic version is my favorite...so gothic ;)
  • 4:29 PM
    Oh YES, I'm totally with you on those. Damn you...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...