"I have too much money invested in sweaters." - Bob Hope

Twisted little cynic though I may be, the sight of the My Own Private Idaho editorial in November's UK Vogue...or, to be more precise, this one image of Dree Hemingway wearing the uniform of my formative years (over-sized Joseph sweater, wisp of a skirt, and a pair of un-girly boots) caused a certain lightening of the wizened little lump that I call a heart.

Photobucket

Even more so, it allowed me to revel in the fact that, as unlikely as it seemed at the time...the knitwear that I spent the majority of my childhood savings on...we're talking pocket-money, Christmas money, pity payments from the tooth fairy, you name it...fully justified the oft thrown about moniker of "investment purchase".

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Carlene said...
    6:12 AM
    How funny. The first thing I ever bought with the first paycheck (the whole paycheck!) from my first high school job was a fair isle sweater.
  • Unknown said...
    7:22 AM
    loved this oversized scandinavian knit, absolutely amazing

    vasilieva
    http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
    x
  • 2:44 PM
    Oh jealous, I could only dream of owning a Joseph sweater *sigh*

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...