"The line waiting to see Santa Claus stretched all the way back to Terre Haute. And I was at the end of it." - A Christmas Story

Ignore the painfully chewy and not terribly enjoyable taffy apples...banish from your mind (if you can) the multitude of "sexy" Halloween costumes that have assailed your eyes everytime you ventured out of the house...for it is the time of year that adds a spring to the step of the expat Brit. Yes, the Cadbury Selection Box has arrived on these shores. And much as I hate shopping for Christmas food before the end of October I know that these will sell out before November has as much as shambled across the doorstep.

Hence the shameless stockpiling...and the knowledge that I'll spend the next two months lusting over the fingers of fudge and caramel bars nestling inside...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    11:35 AM
    I LOVE Crunchies and Flakes! Being an American child, I never had the joy of the Selection Box at the holidays. Thankfully I can now find a decent selection of Cadbury and Nestlé chocolates in my local supermarkets now, though they're unfortunately a bit pricey. But totally worth it.
  • Hebden said...
    5:39 PM
    I know...I was shocked when my local Jewel had (admittedly over-priced) Brit chocs on its shelves. Though, much as I fall prey to the individual bars when I should be buying something healthier in the fruit & veg aisle, the lure of the Selection Box is inescapable...
  • tablet pc said...
    2:24 AM
    I fully tie in with everything you have printed.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...