Kiss me quick!

In 1936 Salvador Dali created his iconic lips sofa, based upon Mae West's similar attributes. For Christmas, Shu Uemura is offering its "Lips Unlimited Lip Set". Admittedly it is a little tacky...and does bring to mind a Robert Palmer video...but what's Christmas without a tacky element? Why else do I drag out my Best of Elvis CD housed in a pop-up Graceland? Please tell me...why?




The $65 set includes the bag, lipstick, liner, and gloss and is available at Shu Uemura.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Bobble Bee said...
    10:46 AM
    The famous Lips Sofa was created by both Salvador Dali and the big fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli, forever enemy of Coco Chanel.

    Her work was super interesteing but was overshadowed by the one of Coco.
  • Hebden said...
    10:51 AM
    Schiaparelli's input was limited to the fabric though I thought. I know she did clothing and accessories that were considered surrealist but didn't know she was more involved with the sofa design. Always loved her work though...but you're right, she was overshadowed.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...