Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

I know it's been said...frequently..at length...and generally by the folks who claim it "wasn't this way when they were a girl/boy"...but sometimes it does seem like new ideas are a little short on the ground.

Take French Connection's latest ad campaign...which I, for one, love...brooding men with excessive facial hair who look like they haven't slept for a week because they've stayed up reading poetry or killing chickens...and insouciant, disheveled, girls with bad posture...affecting me that way.


It's all very alluring...and makes me want to run to a FCUK store to see if (for once) there's anything in there that I want to buy...but...those cute phrases, in bold white font, against those images is very close to a late 80's campaign for Kookai.

An even greater contender in the "guess who's been leafing through twenty year old magazines" contest...the accompanying video. Take a look...


...and then let me know if you don't see a few similarities between it and the images from Joseph's 1988 spring/summer ad campaign. Girl in floral dress...check...reclining barefoot in a chair in an "I don't give a damn about being ladylike" manner...double check...and they both spend quite a bit of time in the bedroom (though 80's Joseph girl does seem to be having a better time than her modern day counterpart).



 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • flytouch 3 said...
    2:38 PM
    To my mind every person ought to browse on it.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...