"It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out; it's the grain of sand in your shoe." - Rodan of Alexandria

You never truly appreciate what you have in life...until you no longer have it. A sentiment which could be terribly deep and profound, unless you happen to be talking about ballet flats...which, and at this point I hang my head in shame, I am.

Yet I have to admit that I've been finding it more than a little depressing that, pre-bone-spur-and-walking-cast, I could be found in ballet flats 80% of the time...while post-b-s-a-w-c my footwear choices have been limited to ankle boots or Converse hi-tops.

In winter, it wasn't really a problem...but with spring approaching (admittedly currently a blip on the distant horizon) the time had come to get serious about finding a non-ballet flat. Enter the gladi-ballet...lovechild of the ballet flat and gladiator with a hint of S&M and a dash of ladylike polish (the latter, mainly due to the very demure color...a change from my usual black).

At the moment, until some significant walking has taken place, I can only say that I'm quietly optimistic...
Photobucket
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • 6:03 AM
    For my part one and all have to go through this.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...