Crafty Little Me

I just saw these Marni SS07 bracelets on Style.com. I love Marni's jewellery but feel that it's generally too expensive. Plus, I love a good craft project and I think that these bracelets are very do-able from a DIY perspective...just the thing for those long winter nights. I need to do some button and bead shopping but will post an update once I've finished.



A few years ago I fell in love with a Prada beaded neckplate which was out of my price range. With some felt, ribbon, and a broken vintage jet necklace I put together a one-off copy. And isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery?

Funnily enough, I've worn "my" necklace dozens of times, received quite a few compliments and wouldn't swop it for the real thing.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    12:45 AM
    omg your craft ideas are so awesome! ingenious!!!!!
  • Anonymous said...
    12:47 AM
    Very, very cool! Even better than the real thing.
  • maca** said...
    1:54 AM
    i also did a copy of this!
    Yours is wondeful!
    =)

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...