Here comes "The Groom"

Question - When is a scarf not a scarf?
Answer - When it combines a tribute to the elegance of another era, cartoon graphics, and a healthy shot of logomania.

The limited edition Monogram Groom collection from Louis Vuitton takes the classic LV canvas, adds the stripes that can be painted (along with your initial’s of course) on Vuitton’s luggage, and adds a cartoon 1930’s bellhop. I was a fan of the LV collaboration with Murukami and I mourn the passing of style in travel…I don’t care if I can fly across the Atlantic in 7 hours, I want to sail across in 6 days…so, of course, when I saw a picture of a coin purse featuring the new design I knew that I would love to have a piece.

Unfortunately most of the collection is coin purses, wallets, and agendas…none of which I need, even in the fashion “need” sense. Still I thought I would stop by the Louis Vuitton store today to look at them in person. It was as I thought; cute, but none of the options worked for me.

Then I discovered they had made two scarves, a square bandana and a long, rectangular scarf. I decided against the bandana as the groom takes up about a third of the available space and there seemed to be no way of actually wearing the scarf and seeing the character at the same time. The long scarf is perfect though…so many different ways to wear it and half the price of the smallest coin purse, thereby convincing me that this qualifies as a bargain.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    8:15 PM
    such a cute scarf

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...