"The rewards for those who persevere far exceed the pain that must precede the victory." - Ted W. Engstrom

As a follow up to yesterday's "good things come to those who wait" post...and also, oddly enough, featuring a scrap of yellow silk...comes a tale of perseverance, determination, and a dash of luck. For when I read that Opening Ceremony had collaborated with famed Parisian taxidermists Deyrolle on a silk scarf that would only be available on Fashion's Night Out in OC's NY stores I knew I had my work cut out for me.

For someone as laid back as myself, I have to say that it's amazing how invigorating the uniting of twin passions for silk scarves and stuffed animals can be. Numerous emails were exchanged...the period between each of which was a time for bated holding of breath...money has changed hands...but, thanks to my chaotic work schedule, even though FNO took place a couple of weeks ago the scarf is still tantalizingly just beyond my reach. Which is why I will be repeating the "g.t.c.t.t.w.w." mantra...and stalking the FedEx man...for the forseeable future.

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...