"Vanity, I am sensible, is my cardinal vice and cardinal folly; and I am in continual danger, when in company, of being led an ignis fatuus chase by it" - John Adams

In a world without calendars I think I'd still be able to say, with a certain amount of assurance in my voice, "this is September"...because, every year, regular as clockwork...this is the time I get an uncontrollable urge for sweaters, jackets, and nail polish. Perfectly happy to spend the summer with naked nails...indeed the very thought of polish in the summer is somehow off-putting...as soon as September hits I'm ready for a little color.

This year I'm breaking my varnish fast with a nice, bright, red...Sally Hansen's Cardinal...in a vague effort to add a little gloss to my otherwise disheveled appearance.


For anyone else who was curious what the second President meant by "ignis fatuus"...according to Wikipedia...in the original Latin, foolish fire...and in more current language, will-o'-the-wisp.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...