All bags great and small – Part V - every bunny loves snow-bunny sometime

It's been a while since my last ABG&S post so….in the spirit of the holiday season…here's the "Snow Bunny" bag by Paul Smith. I originally saw this image only on small bags and I didn't think that did it justice (ok, the price of the bags had something to do with it too). Then, a couple of years ago, I was in the Paul Smith discount store, just off Bond Street in London, and spotted this shopper...vastly reduced. Isn't it wonderful when that happens? You lust over something, don't get it, regret it, and then suddenly find it again like a long lost friend…flowers bloom, birds sing, and all is right with the world.

The cons on this bag, apart from the color (me + pale bag = accident waiting to happen), were the weight of the bag when it's empty and the lack of any kind of closures. On the pro side, and outweighing almost all other considerations, was the Vargas-style girl. So much do I consider this art-before-bag that I had it on my mantelpiece for a while. It's spent more time as a still-life than it has for its actual purpose…now I feel guilty, I need to take her out more…perhaps a little sunbathing in the snow...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...