“A weed is no more than a flower in disguise.”

The recession...and a job change...are taking their toll. So, while I find myself lusting over the overwhelming blossoms on Balenciaga's Hortensia print bag, I need to take a step back and remind myself that...

1) the body of the bag is silk and would therefore get dirty faster than you can say "Green Acres is the place to be"

2) the exchange rate is still horrific right now (and this is on a UK website)

and

3) I have plenty of bags in my closet, I just need to go through them and (in all likelihood) I'll find a bag to meet my needs. Like...this vintage floral clutch...a similar feeling of being assaulted by flowers when one looks at it plus it's in a waterproof fabric (perfect for getting caught in summer showers or for throwing on the grass at a picnic). My only concern is whether it looks too much like a giant cosmetic bag...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    10:02 AM
    It's so cute and summer-y.
  • The Spicers said...
    11:04 AM
    Beautiful, but I see your point.
  • alluretone said...
    6:25 PM
    idk about the balenciaga bag, it's actually a bit hideous for me.
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:56 AM
    I'm using all the same criteria to talk myself out of that bag.
  • Anonymous said...
    6:43 AM
    I like the combination. Very earthy.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...