“Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.” - Samuel Butler

When I came across this picture of Anouck Lepère at Coachella I was smitten. This one image represents my ideal for summer music festivals...a mix of vintage (the dress)...designer (the shoes...though I will say I wouldn't personally wear Lanvin ballet flats for a day in a potentially muddy field)...and the eccentric (in this case Margiela's mono shades).

Great inspiration which sadly, given my track record, may not be put to any use...based on the (rather embarassing) fact that I got heat stroke at the last similar event I attended. How people manage to spend a day outside in the heat of the sun and look cool, calm, and collected I will never understand...in this instance I'm going to assume it's thanks to an air-conditioned VIP tent...or else I am a genetic freak so accustomed to cold rainy weather that I melt like an ice cream in the sun.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    10:46 AM
    I loved this image too... so carefree and mad at the same time...
  • Elizabeth said...
    6:17 PM
    She looks great.

    I think people use a lot of sunscreen, and probably knock back a few pints so they don't feel the discomfort so much. Just a theory.
  • Jennifer said...
    11:10 PM
    I can't speak for anyone else, but at the first sign of warm weather here in NY I feel like a sweaty mess. At the peak of summer I feel like I need a shower and tons of extra deodorant by the time I get to work! Everyone else on the streets of NYC looks so cool and clean and I feel disgusting. It would be really comforting to know that others feel the same as me! As for Anouk, aren't models supposed to look wonderful all the time? I don't think they're allowed to sweat!
  • Anonymous said...
    9:37 PM
    for a second I thought you had blacked out her eyes, fashion-don't style!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...