"Don't make me run, I'm full of chocolate!" - Augustus Gloop

Though, unlike Augustus, my downfall will probably come about due to a lack of restraint when faced with the contents of an unexpected care package containing various Mexican, Chinese, and Malaysian candies...amongst others...Salsaghetti...mini wafers with goat milk candy...watermelon lollipops with chili...Crazy Balls...and Durian candy. As far as the later, I've wanted to try the durian fruit for a while now...having heard it described as both "a rich custard highly flavoured with almonds" and, in the words of travel and food writer Richard Sterling, a fruit whose "...odor is best described as pig-shit, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock. It can be smelled from yards away. Despite its great local popularity, the raw fruit is forbidden from some establishments such as hotels, subways and airports, including public transportation in Southeast Asia". Best case scenario...it will be a unique, dense, sweet sensation...worst...the Greta Garbo of candies...though it may be less a case of "I want to be alone" than "no one will come near me"...

Either way, thank you S, this is one of the nicest surprise gifts I've received in quite some time...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Chuck said...
    11:46 PM
    I feel less weird now...

    Last year on a trip to FL I forced my rugby teammates to drive around the entire state until I found a mexican grocery store with mexican candy.

    On the last day I found one and stocked up for 6 months.

    ChuckRefreshed
  • site said...
    7:09 AM
    To my mind everybody have to browse on it.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...