The need for speed

When I saw this picture on The Sartorialist it reinforced for me just how good a vintage Speedy can look. I say "vintage" because the leather trim on the newer bags is much paler and will never mellow to the same nut brown color as the leather on the older ones. At the moment it seems that the Speedy a bit of a fashion pariah so it's wonderful to see someone carrying one and looking so good...her companions accessories are also perfect, I'm usually not a huge fan of this style of Chloe shoe but in this instance it works.
My own Speedy just about falls under the vintage umbrella. It was actually my first "good" bag, purchased when I was 14 or 15 and used relentlessly. Happily, it seems to be virtually indestructable...it's been crushed, squashed, and sat on...it's withstood rain and snow and, once it had been left to dry out, always looked as good as new. Well, I say "good as new" but it's gained a kind of worn beauty...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • tienda erotica said...
    11:40 AM
    Quite worthwhile material, thanks for your post.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...