Not so mellow yellow

At the moment I'm caught in a fashion quandary. In concept I like the oh-so-bright yellow that's making its presence felt...in reality...well...I am pale (very, very pale) and this is a color that just screams "wear me with tanned skin or suffer the consequences". So, if I do start down that yellow brick road I think small doses are the way to go.

If money were no object this patent leather B bag from Fendi would be fun. How could you possibly feel depressed swinging this baby around?
Coming swiftly back to reality (and a second, much more affordable option) this a-line skirt from J Crew has definite possibilities. Admittedly, it doesn't fall under the "small shot of color" category...it's more the "blast from the paint cannon"...but it, pardon the expression, caught my eye and now I'm considering it.

In the end though, I think that the best solution for me would be some ballet flats. With jeans the color would be far enough away from my pallid pelt to cause any issues and worn with black tights I could do my interpretation of the dance of the bumble bee...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • 10:52 PM
    I have a fairly light complexion, but one of my favorite pieces is a bright yellow quilted down jacket. It actually works pretty well for me, especially when I wear darker colors with it. My school friends tell me it brightens their day...I think quite literally, but I'll take that as a compliment.
  • Hebden said...
    9:35 AM
    Thanks! Good to hear that it was just paranoia on my part...now that skirt is calling my name even more loudly...
  • me said...
    1:22 AM
    This skirt is awsome!
  • site said...
    10:29 AM
    Thanks so much for the post, really effective data.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...