“I will not retire while I've still got my legs and my make-up box.” - Bette Davis

This next item is something that manages to combine functionality with utter whimsy...namely these steel Dancing Legs Calipers from the 19th century. I have absolutely no practical need to measure anything in this way but, at the same time, I'd love to have them lying on my dressing table.

Sometimes I have to wonder why I have such a deep-seated attraction to the "essentially useless but lovely" or, as Mr. Heb would put it, "the sea of crap littering our apartment"...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    1:22 PM
    You have an artistic soul. All of us should be so lucky.
  • Hebden said...
    3:23 PM
    enc - you always say the nicest things...thank you. I'll try that argument on Mr. Heb and see what happens...probably riotous laughter but, we'll see...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...