What comes around goes around...

Of all the things that I associate with the 80's supermodels and United Colors of Benetton have to be towards the top of the list...which is probably why I am jumping for joy over the October cover of Vogue Paris...as, deep in the recesses of my closet, I actually have a Benetton sweater remarkably similar to this one (though I've yet to look anywhere near as good as Christy Turlington when I'm wearing it...it always seems to scream "rustic preppy" when I put it on).

Despite my happiness there does seem to be a bit of a "super" backlash at the moment; on various forums I keep reading how fed up people are with their reappearance. Yet, much as I agree that new models need to be given "their chance", the supers do still have an appeal. They are, as they always were, women...something to aspire to...which, however much you may envy their svelteness is difficult to say about some of the current crop of very young models. But what do you think? Are you enjoying the return of the super or do you think they have outstayed their welcome?
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 6 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    1:26 PM
    All I have to say is that Claudia Schiffer's butt in the recent Vanity Fair pictures filled me with envy and rage. So did Naomi Campbell's.
  • Elizabeth said...
    4:29 PM
    I'm all for the Supers. They've got flesh on their bones.
  • WendyB said...
    4:34 PM
    I love that they're back. They look great, they have personality...what's not to like?
  • Jennifer said...
    7:17 PM
    oh, i think they should use the super models until they are 99 years old AND dead. use them exclusively even. please!!
  • K.Line said...
    7:20 PM
    I'm pro super!
  • Anonymous said...
    6:36 PM
    YES! I was so excited to see this in a newsstand in the Malpensa airport on my way back from my honeymoon--it's the first fashion magazine I've bought in many, many months. Viva les Supers!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...