“Ignorant people in preppy clothes are more dangerous to America than oil embargoes.” - V. S. Naipaul

These pants fall under the category of "things that I shouldn't like but do". Firstly because they're khakis...a piece of clothing which normally irks me beyond belief...partially because of its preppy connotations...but mainly due to the fact that every office I have worked in has included them on their HR department's list of "acceptable business casual wear" and nothing makes an item of clothing more off-putting and sterile than corporate approval. The second "should be negative but isn't" is the shape...peg-leg pants not being the most flattering style created.

Yet, as I say, the double negatives become a positive...to my mind at least...proof once again, if it were needed, that it's futile to adamantly say "I'll never wear such and such" because, when you do, fate will take it as a challenge to get said item into your wardrobe.

Plaid shirt - H&M, cardigan - Fred Perry, peg-leg pants - Junya Watanabe, talon cuff - Pamela Love, hi-tops - Converse
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...