“It pays to plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.” - unknown

This trip I decided to approach shopping in a new way...with a pre-conceived plan. I realize this sounds horribly dull and lacking in joie de vie but it was something that I hoped would enable me to avoid my usual mistake of buying random items which caught my eye in the store (when I was in vacation mode) but were completely inappropriate for both me and my existing wardrobe once I got them home (yes, I'm looking at you lilac feather boa...though at least you amused the rather stern customs officer who searched my luggage).

The action plan was simple...a list of 7 stores whose selections I usually loved and, more importantly, whose concepts worked with pieces already lurking in my closet (an added proviso was anything I bought should be difficult or impossible to find in the US)...I allowed myself the option to add a couple of additional stores whose windows caught my eye as I walked by (after all, who knows what you might stumble across)...window shopping was unlimited, and actively encouraged as it permitted a brief respite from all that walking.

First on the list was COS. At some point I assume they'll open a few US stores but, in the meantime, I run into their stores like a camel who's spotted an oasis after a particularly long, dry, trek through the desert...except his thirst is quenched by water and mine by well-designed, reasonably priced, basics (it takes, as they say, all kinds to make a world).

This time COS yielded a dress bonanza. A navy dress which made me feel like a punk Hitchcock heroine...the classic three-quarter sleeves, fitted bust, and tulip skirt contrasting nicely with the sweatshirt fabric and bold zipper. Dress number two was a printed cotton number with a structured scoop neck. Both were fitted, yet loose...perfect for the summer, when I want comfort but want to avoid the unflattering shapeless sacks that seem to fill stores.

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • susie_bubble said...
    6:52 PM
    Ah....gotta love the COS
  • muebles baratos said...
    11:00 AM
    This can't work in reality, that is exactly what I suppose.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...