Les vacances de Madame Hebden...and other things...

If guilt is, as Isabelle Holland said, "the price we pay willingly for doing what we are going to do anyway" I should be wallowing in my bout of self-imposed blogger's guilt. For I leave today on a week and a half jaunt to London and I have (uncharacteristically I might add) nothing pre-written to appear while I'm gone...my first blogging break in a couple of years and the guilt is immense.

This is on top of my angst over breaking my "carry on luggage only" pledge...try as I might the best I could manage was one large checked duffle bag shared by myself and Mr. Heb. Of course, the process wasn't helped by Mr. Heb asking if I'd packed anything that I would care about "if the airline lost the bag". Of course I'd care...why would I take clothes that I don't care about (and therefore wouldn't want to wear)?

As a palliative to all this fretfulness I'm focusing on the vast quantity of Twiglets, Revels, and Ladurée macaroons that I will consume within my first 24 hours on British soil...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • 1:27 AM
    Have a great time!
  • K said...
    7:11 PM
    your blog is really cool!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...