Too darned hot

It's a little early but I've reached the point where I've had enough of the heat and am longing for Fall...and all of its associated clothing options. It's been creeping up on me for the last couple of days but my feelings were exacerbated when I saw Peter Lindbergh's photographs of Carmen Kass in the new issues of Harper's Bazaar. I want the volume...the feeling of being cocooned...the tights!

BalenciagaLanvin
Yves Saint LaurentEmanuel Ungaro

The one sour note to all this were the prices...almost $26,000 for the Balenciaga dress...$6,000 for the Yves Saint Laurent coat...$3,000 for the Lanvin dress...

It was the same throughout the rest of the magazine, either "price upon request" or, what seemed like, severely inflated pricing. I know this isn't a new occurrence, I just got bludgeoned with it in this issue. Fashion always had its mountain tops but, somehow, they were something that seemed attainable...now there are peaks that can only be reached by the very rich or the celebrities who get the pieces for free. Maybe that's the answer...if designers didn't give away so many freebies they might not be forced to elevate the prices for the rest of us...after all, the money has to come from somewhere...but I don't see why I need to pick up the cost of Lindsay Lohan's latest handbag.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    6:57 PM
    oh, it's almost july... the month where i start thinking about boots. by august it's an obsession... so you're right on time love!

    i really love the balenciaga dress... i dont' know exactly why....

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...