“Patience is the art of hoping” - Marquis de Vauvenargues

Normally at this time of year a girl's thoughts turn to Christmas Wish Lists (well, mine do at least) but this year that's not happening. Partially because Mr. Heb and I had already decided on a $50 limit this holiday season...and partially because I currently have a Sales Wish List loitering around waiting to spring into action once the percentages are right. I should say at this point that I realize that it is a little bird-of-prey-ish to be sitting around waiting for prices to hit rock bottom thanks to the current economy but...alright, I can't think of a justification...let's just say that I know I currently resemble a vulture and I can live with that (providing I manage to snag a few things off my list).

Actually I can already scratch one thing off. Regular readers may recall that a few months ago I was lusting over Burfitt's high-waisted, dip-dyed, plaid skirt...in fact the only thing that I was recoiling from was the price...$455 for those who like detail in their narrative. So I maintained a strong grip on my credit card and added the skirt to my "when the price is lowered by a ridiculous amount, or hell freezes over, whichever comes sooner" list.Photobucket

Then I received an email from Creatures of Comfort announcing their 30% off private sale (through November 27th using the code PFW2008, after that it's 25% off for everyone). I have to say that, mercenary that I am, 30% wasn't going to illicit a response on regularly priced items but...at one point...the plaid skirt had been demoted to their sale section. Wonder of wonders, not only was the skirt available...and in my size...but the discount works on sale goods too! The cumulative discount brings it down to less than a quarter of the original price...for that the vulture flies down off its branch (the skirt should be with me next week).

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    11:36 AM
    Can't wait to see it!
  • Elizabeth said...
    11:21 AM
    Heb, that's great! Patience has it's rewards! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...