"Size isn't everything..."

"The traditional gamsbart, which is what this pin is based on, is typically worn on the hat of hunters in the Alpine region of Europe. In theory, the size of the gamsbart reflects one's manliness."

These pins actually remind me of the folks who used to "come North"...ie to Scotland...for the huntin', shootin', and fishin'...and felt that they would look inconspicuous and like one of the locals if they stuck some feathered pins on their new tweeds. At the time I was so busy ridiculing the idea...and the overall effect that they achieved...that I never realized how beautiful the pins were. Thankfully I was given a second chance when I stumbled across this example.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    11:22 AM
    I like that a lot.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...