"Sisters are doin it for themselves" - Eurythmics

Whenever I see articles in magazines asking "Who do you dress for? Your friends, yourself, or your man?" I always think what a silly question...I dress for myself, of course...a fact that is violently brought home to me whenever I slip into these peg-leg khakis by Junya Watanabe. Strangers in the street shy away from them and Mr. Heb expresses anguish whenever I even take them out of the closet...and has mentioned that if he ever finds them unattended they may "accidentally" catch fire and throw themselves out of the nearest window.

I get it...they're not conventionally attractive...and are baggy in areas that women don't generally sign up to have extra inches added to...yet, for whatever reason, I like them...and I'm going to wear 'em, gosh darn it...just for me!
Photobucket

Top - Dover Street Market, pants - Junya Watanabe, gladiators - Tod's, bag - Vivienne Westwood

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Madelene said...
    2:16 AM
    Sadly, it seems a lot of people don't dress for themselves. I guess they dress to seek approval, in a sense. The fact that you wear those pants with pleasure, despite whatever others might think, shows that you're secure in yourself and that should be a style goal for everyone!
  • Glove Slap said...
    3:49 PM
    I know you don't need to hear this, but I like your pants. I'd wear them myself. I predict that in a couple of years, if not sooner, similar pants will be quite popular.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...