"Art is like baby shoes. When you coat them with gold, they can no longer be worn." - John Updike

You’ve heard of the Age of Aquarius...and the Winter of our Discontent...well, we appear to be entering the pre-Fall of the Golden Shoe. As evidence of this occurrence I ask you to take a look at the two pairs below from, respectively, Phillip Lim's new shoe collection (photographed on a 70's bachelor pad sheepskin rug for I know not what reason...his Fall collection was more 60's youth than desperate swinger) and Pour la Victoire.

I like a gold shoe...correction, I like the idea of a gold shoe...I've never actually owned a pair...though my preference is for cracked and crumbling, slightly distressed gilt as opposed to a full-on mirror shine. So, while I like the concept, I like the idea of buying a pair of jazz flats and spray painting them gold a whole lot more...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • 12:36 AM
    I love a brushed, distressed look on gold shoes as well. Gold flats are quite fun to wear; I should probably get my pair resoled eventually...that tells you how often I wear them.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...