“But better die than live mechanically a life that is a repetition of repetitions.” - D.H. Lawrence

We're getting close to the dangerous time of year...when you are so fed up with your summer wardrobe...and the thought of wearing that t-shirt or that dress again fills you with dread...awakens a sudden urge within you to buy something (anything) just to add something new to the mix. Well, buy something or dredge something up from the darkest depths of the closet...like this chambray shirt. Inherited from my mother...who had a love affair with all things Ralph Lauren during the 80's...from his "Country" label, which I'm not sure is even still in existence (RL's one of those brands that has so many off-shoots that I find it difficult to keep track)...I love its broken-in-softness but rarely wear it as it's a shade too "Little House on the Prairie" for my liking. However, in a bid to avoid L.S.S.S. (Late Summer Shopping Syndrome), I'm willing to pretend I'm running through a meadow...

Photobucket


Shirt - Ralph Lauren Country, skirt - Cacharel/Liberty, boots - Russell & Bromley, talon cuff - Pamela Love

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • S. said...
    1:12 PM
    So that is what is called!!! :)

    I certainly have it, I can't stop thinking about my autumn wardrobe, well the weather in London isn't helping either as its raining.
  • Hebden said...
    8:05 PM
    Much as I'd love to think about Autumn right now it's muggy...humid...and stickily hot...I'd give anything for a nice, cool, rainy, London day...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...