"Math is like love -- a simple idea but it can get complicated." - unknown

I'm as guilty as anyone of throwing the old "cost per wear" rationalization out there anytime I feel the expensive purchase urge coming on...and I'll be the first to admit that the math doesn't always work...some items have made it out of the closet once, thereby having the worst c.p.w. ratio going. Others...like these chambray pants from Prada...get worn so often that I think I'm down to about fifty cents an outing. Logically...the math shouldn't have been right...pricy, pseudo-denim, vaguely 50's housewife, vaguely Humpty Dumpty pants are not "wardrobe staples"...yet I love them.

It kills my inner nerd but, like I said, sometimes the math doesn't work...sometimes you just have to let the intangibles take control...
Photobucket

Hat - Urban Outfitters, t-shirt - Blood Is The New Black, pants - Prada, moccasins - Minnetonka

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • annemarie said...
    7:14 AM
    those pants are wonderful!

    i have made several c.p.w miscalculations of late, and they were very costly mistakes. c.p.w miscalculations are unfortunate because, for me, it inhibits me from not just from future bad investments and also from the possibility of making future good investments.

    part of my problem is that the expensive stuff i buy is usually very unusual and not available in cheaper form, so it's never going to become a "basic" and balance out in the c.p.w stakes.
  • Hebden said...
    9:04 AM
    Yes, that's the problem with the c.p.w. miscalc...the bad taste it leaves in your mouth (and wallet). I feel your pain on the non-basic c.p.w. errors...I have a couple of blindingly bad ones sitting in my closet...which always makes me wonder how something can seem so right in the store...and so completely wrong once you get it home?
  • roxy B said...
    10:44 PM
    I love that YSL shirt...
    http://www.twolia.com/shop

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...