"Sure, you'll be a sham wife, but you'll be the envy of every other sham wife in town!" - Troy McClure

A fair number of disturbing, PR-related, missives hit my inbox...but the "dear God, why did you send this to me?" award has been won by an invitation to a 'Cocktail Party Shopping Event' entitled "How to Dress to Land a Millionaire". Few things have depressed me more than the news that, for three hours at Sak's Manhattan outpost, I could focus on "fun, fashion, and flirtation" and learn how to "develop a fabulous wardrobe day to night...the qualities millionaires look for in their partners...and...how to further develop (my) package".

I've never been so scared in my life. I know times are tough but is this really what we've been reduced to..."packaging" ourselves in a dubious attempt to marry money?

Personally I have a feeling that Saks may be the only ones coming out of this any financially better off...thanks to the $50 entry fee and hypothetical clothing sales during the millionaire-cocktail induced frenzy...though the information that 10% of the proceeds will be donated to Dress for Success suggests that someone has a sense of irony.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...