“The English never smash in a face. They merely refrain from asking it to dinner.” - Margaret Halsey

Completely random...and perhaps brought about by the fact that I just sat through Rambo (thank you Netflix for saving me the cost of a movie ticket...now if I could just figure out how to get that hour and thirty-three minutes of my life back)...the "Anger Release Machine" from the Swiss and Danish artist duo of Ronnie Yarisal and Katja Kublitz.

Insert a coin. Select the piece of china you want to destroy. Then watch it crash.

Of course...when I think about it...this could have nothing to do with Rambo and everything to do with my great-grandfather (who was, by all accounts, a bit of a plate smasher...especially when he didn't appreciate that day's menu selection).

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    10:04 AM
    This is most amusing!
  • 4:13 PM
    This is actually nothing new. I remember I heard about this new "trend" when I was in the forth grade (let's not count the years). It actually began in Japan, and they called them "smashing rooms".

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...