“It is not worthwhile to try to keep history from repeating itself, for man's character will always make the preventing of the repetitions impossible”

Apologies to anyone who, as we creep into August, is officially fed up with gladiator sandals. What can I say, I have issues...and one of them is that I'm besotted by the glads. The latest variation of which are these suede numbers from Free People...they're a hybrid of two of my favorites (the ballet flat and the aforementioned glad)...and are therefore nigh on irresistible.Photobucket

Title quote by Mark Twain

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 8 comments:

  • 9:53 AM
    I am a decidedly anti-gladiator gal--but I see the appeal of these shoes. Hybrids can transcend the sum of their parts.
  • Elizabeth said...
    1:05 PM
    They're the answer to all my dreams.
  • WendyB said...
    1:58 PM
    I still heart the glads!
  • The Spicers said...
    3:03 PM
    LOVE these!
  • Anonymous said...
    1:24 PM
    I love these shoes.... such an odd take on glads...
  • Jennifer said...
    7:48 PM
    these are beautiful. and the interest they struck in me led me down a path that resulted in a different shoe purchase. for shame, for shame.
  • Hebden said...
    11:10 AM
    editor - more info please...what did you get?
  • Jennifer said...
    7:25 AM
    ;)
    i curse you, i really (sorta...not really) do.
    i immediately went to the link for these shoes, then checked out the rest, remembering that i had tossed fp's catalog the same day you posted this. then that started me researching a brand i saw there, which landed me on another pair of shoes on another site. click. buy. done.
    new shoes arrive today. yippee.
    i'm going to sneak them in a pic on my other blog later this week. won't tell you which one though. so there!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...