“The world more often rewards the appearance of merit than merit itself” - François de la Rochefoucauld

True story, long ago I was "asked to leave" the Girl Guides...without so much as a woggle to my name. I won't go into too much detail...suffice to say, when you try to get a strong-willed child to sword dance against her will for an extended period of time tempers will fray and harsh words will ensue.

Still, I don't hold a grudge...much...and, to that end, I'm considering buying a Blogging Merit Badge. Will it make up for the woggle? Probably not...but it could be amusing on a tote bag.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    9:02 PM
    I LOVE that.

    I quit Girl Scouts, because it was lame. I don't think you missed much.
  • Anonymous said...
    4:53 PM
    He he - that's great! Get one!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...