“This is my answer to the gap between ideas and action - I will write it out.” - unknown

One of the latest Gap ads, featuring Julia Restoin Roitfeld in a short-sleeved peacoat, prompted me to say a few words in honor of the short-sleeved...or no-sleeved...jacket.

Not just a summer whim this little trooper works the entire year through (thanks to judicious application of the long sleeve under short sleeve theory which, I admit, I am addicted to...see evidence below) and doesn't get the credit it deserves.

And so, ladies (and potentially gentlemen), I ask you to raise your glasses in a toast to the s-s/n-s jacket...hip, hip, hooray!
Photobucket

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 7 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    7:21 AM
    i absolutely love my s/s jackety thing i have. made summer waaaay more interesting and am looking forward to wearing it in the fall too.
  • Elizabeth said...
    4:58 PM
    I've never given a short-sleeved jacket a second look, but this one is really making me reconsider.
  • Anonymous said...
    4:53 AM
    I want a no sleeve jacket quite badly...
  • Anonymous said...
    5:12 AM
    I really like the right one – Looks amazing especially because I´m not a fan of all-black outfits in general.
  • Anonymous said...
    6:21 PM
    I actually would wear the outfit in the gap ad ... and have a gap $10 coupon which I have not been able to use. Thanks for the inspiration! :)
  • Anonymous said...
    8:42 PM
    Anothre set of ralph lauren polo in three colors. Burbrery Polo Shirts come with a graduation of colors on the chest. The new shiki Cheap polo shirts logo is on the chest. Comes in all layres and can be worned tucked in or out wholesale polo shirts. Also comes with sculpted collar and arm cuffs.Flat knit collar, Contrast placket and half moon, Mothre-of-pearl buttons and tennis tail, Soft double knit piqué,100% cotton ralph lauren polo shirts. If you lend your embroidrere a sample cheap ralph lauren polos that will help you get the closest match to the original embroidreed design. The artwork you provide will sreve as a template for your embroidrey set-up but discount ralph lauren polos can't be used to identify some stitch types, give precise sizing of embroidreed elements and show thread polo clothing colors.
  • haptiK said...
    1:52 PM
    It is Hortense Calisher. Now you know and it's no longer - unknown

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...