One step Marant...

I know that I've mentioned my minor...itsy-bisty...alright, vaguely stalker-ish...adoration of Isabel Marant's "quintessentially cool French girl" clothes. The only limitations to my fixation being the restricted selection available in the US and the vicious prices once the exchange rate has taken its toll.

Which means that my purchases thus far have been limited to what I could find...and what I could afford. Which is where things stood, until...I was wandering through the Gap (yes, I fell prey to their latest advertising campaign and had to take a look)...and came across...a black plaid dress which had a very Marant vibe, for a very un-Marant price tag. Just at the time of year when I didn't really need a thin, cotton dress...but at just the time where I could rationalize the purchase with the thought of all the layering possibilities that it offered.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Also in store, although the picture does not do it justice, a skirt which was very similar (in cut and fabric) to one of Marant's from a collection or two ago. Sadly, on me, the skirt had some "issues" but (as they say) "one out of two ain't bad".
PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    4:18 AM
    That's a nice Gap spot....very Marant-ish indeed...
  • 8:22 PM
    I was looking for the Gap dress last weekend and could not find it. How is the fit? Are you happy with it?
  • Hebden said...
    8:47 PM
    poster girl - it's over-sized, but not in a "help me, I'm drowning" kind of way...if you order your normal size you should be fine. As far as length, I'm 5'11" and the hem hits a couple of inches above the knee. Personally, I love it...the pictures on Gap's website are horrific...it's a very cool dress in a very nice fabric.
  • Anonymous said...
    9:06 AM
    While normally I look to the Gap as my go-to-pants store, I got one look at Julia Restoin-Roitfeld in the short-sleeve peacoat, and I just had to have it. Fortunately, it's amazing, and I've already put it to good use.

    I'm also a fan of the Perfect Trouser--not sure if it really earns the name, but it's pretty damn close.
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:02 AM
    I really like both of those for you. Too bad the skirt isn't working. The dress seems right on.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...