One order of old lace...hold the arsenic

I have to admit to being intrigued by the lace that Miuccia Prada presented for this Fall...my only concerns being modesty and the potential for hypothermia. So, in the name of research...okay, to be honest, in the name of "I love window shopping"...I went in search of some non-Prada options.

Probably the best deals that I found are the white lace skirt and dress by Peter Jensen. They were Spring/Summer stock and are currently heavily reduced...the dress from $875 to $137.50 and the skirt from $692 to $340. I have to admit that the dress would be mine if it weren't for the fact that the only size left is a small...darn it!

If white lace is too sixties...or bridal...or sixties bridal...you may like the Dolce & Gabbana black lace skirt from one of my favorite vintage stores, Vagabond NYC...or Kova and T's lace leggings. And for anyone worried about the intrinsically see-through quality of lace being used in anything that they'd actually wear I'm including Martin Margiela's PVC wallet in the line-up.

All of which, naturally, leads me to the question...will you be leaping into lace this Fall? And, if so, to what extent...via the medium of accessories or in clothing form?

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    12:12 PM
    Cute wallet. And, appropriately, there is a book out called The Lace Reader, for people who prefer their lace to be on the printed page.
  • Elizabeth said...
    9:17 PM
    I won't be doing lace this fall, it's not me. But I'll be looking out for those who do, and admiring them for taking the plunge.
  • Hebden said...
    9:28 PM
    wendyb - wouldn't it be nice in your new Prada bag?

    enc - I'm really curious how many people will...and to what level
  • Anonymous said...
    4:30 AM
    I've been lusting after that Margiela lace wallet too... it's got me thinking about a lace printed plastic dress!
  • 1 turtle dove said...
    6:08 PM
    First of all, I love reading your blog and have a link to it on mine, www.1turtledove.blogspot.com - don't know how I came upon yours but I'm glad I did - it's so enjoyable.

    I, too, am loving the lace trend for fall. I found an amazing cream lace dress by Hazel Brown back in the spring that I plan to "winterize" by adding a black turtleneck and tights. Have you heard of this label? It's made by hand in L.A.
    http://www.thehazelbrowncollection.com/

    Other than that, I'm thinking of making a black lace bolero...

    Thank you for all the great posts!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...