From Russia With Love

I thought that I had reached a saturation point with celebrity ads...jaded beyond belief at yet another picture of Scarlett Johansson (or insert other celebrity name here) trying to look moody/playful/innocent/sexy but never quite pulling it off. I don't know about the rest of the magazine reading population but these advertisements don't inspire me to buy, if anything the majority of them put me off the product completely. Give me a model...whose job it is to make clothes look good...and I'm like one of Pavlov's dogs...slavering and ready to shop.

The reason for this ramble is that I just saw Louis Vuitton's new campaign with Mikhail Gorbachev...last leader of the Soviet Union...the man who helped to end the Cold War...Nobel Peace Prize winner...and, now, schill for Vuitton bags...it's a strange world. The thing is, I actually like the photograph...I just find the whole thing a little odd.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...