"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." - Plato

One coin...two sides. A nice way of bringing up the topic of marketing...or rather how the high-quality, artsy photography of one site can cause you to think twice about an item which, on its mother-site, you would recoil from while terms like "crunchy granola" and "hippie sailor sandals" skipped through your mind.

Exhibit A, the Ghurkee sandal...if one is shopping at Opening Ceremony...

Photobucket


And Exhibit B, the same shoe from Gurkee's own website...

Photobucket


The saving...all eight dollars and five cents of it...is somewhat mitigated (in my mind, at least) by the orthopedic/Jesus sandal vibe coming from Exhibit B.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    10:07 PM
    Erk. I have to say that even with the colorful Opening Ceremony photo, these scare me a bit.
  • Cora. said...
    5:12 AM
    I like granola, and hippies, and sailors, and I even like Jesus, so I'm not scared!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...