Mind le Gap

That the Gap is having a little bit of a "quintessential French girl" moment is something that I discovered only after the gingham sleep shorts in the window had lured me inside...

Photobucket

Photobucket


Cute fabric...covered buttons...ribbon tie...and 30% off...it would have been churlish to leave them behind. Of course, once inside the store, the need to 'browse' took over...which is when I found the q.F.g.

The q.F.g. would, of course, wear Repetto's...but as I have tried, and failed, to convince myself that any ballet flats can be worth $250...I was more than happy to find this Repetto-esque (and surprisingly comfortable) black leather pair for under $40. They won't last forever, but if they make it through the summer I'll be content.

Photobucket


By this point I could have stopped my browsing-slash-unpremeditated-shopping and been more than happy but the q.F.g. felt that the summer would would be much improved with a nautically striped skirt. Which, although it is yet another item of striped clothing in my closet, is 'new' in that it's a skirt and not yet another t-shirt or top...

Photobucket


Satisfied, if a little poorer, the q.F.g. and I are now going to relax with a little red wine and cheese...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    4:55 PM
    Nice buys. :) Repettos aren't worth the money imo - I have two pairs I managed to find going cheap in sales but they are very flimsy if cute and v. q.F.g.
  • Hebden said...
    6:20 PM
    Thanks anon, that's really good to know.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...