"Singest of summer in full-throated ease..."

"Thou, light-winged Dryad of the trees,
In some melodious plot
of beechen green, and shadows numberless,
Singest of summer in full-throated ease." - John Keats


You could blame it on the "Celine effect"...yet every spring for the last few years, right around this time, I've felt a craving for a summer wardrobe that was more simplistic...because, isn't that what summer should be? The sand under your feet...grass too, after a picnic...but nothing forced...everything simple and at ease.

You could also blame it on Mr. Heb's bookbinding bag...utilitarian, but incredibly heavy even when empty...from Klein Tools...

Photobucket


...but I find myself consumed by a yearning for a new bag. Canvas...or linen...and leather...screaming of summer (in a subtle way).

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    11:01 AM
    Heb, I have been scoping these out on eBay for a while now. I only want one with the real leather bottom, not the vinyl--I figure it won't hold up as well. I think I'd have to do something to the canvas to personalize it, though.
    There is an artist who draws beautiful images on the canvas of tool bags to make unique handbags. I wish I could remember his name.
  • Hebden said...
    12:42 PM
    The leather bottomed ones are great...I just wish they weren't so heavy when they're empty...
  • Jennifer said...
    4:30 PM
    Oh, I didn't realize they were so weighty. Now I will have to rethink my obsession :)
  • Jennifer said...
    9:44 PM
    Hey Heb! I just found out about an even nicer (in my opinion) canvas and leather tool bag:
    http://www.hickorees.com/BRANDS/Heritage-Leather-Co/PRODUCTS/16-Canvas-Mason-Bag-with-Leather-Bottom-No-312
    Now *this* one I really really want!
  • Hebden said...
    6:57 AM
    That website's a great find...as are the bags! They look like similar construction to the Klein bags (so could be as heavy) but the leather looks much nicer.

    On a side note, the chambray scarves are rather nice as well...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...