"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing" - unknown

Lord Byron once said, “It was one of the deadliest and heaviest feelings of my life to feel that I was no longer a boy. From that moment I began to grow old in my own esteem”. Personally I’ve long maintained that a childish love of cartoons can stay the signs of aging in a far superior manner to the daily application of SPF15 (though the effects are slightly mitigated when you are discovered chortling...by a client...in an airport lounge...to the antics of Scooby Doo).

Photobucket

Spanish Elle was obviously in a similarly Peter Pan frame of mind for their April issue. For contained within its pages, thanks to freelance Disney artist Ulrich Schröder, are Karl Lagerfeld, John Galliano, Marc Jacobs, John Paul Gaultier, Dolce & Gabbana, Donnatella Versace, and others...all, in comic form. Lagerfeld manages to get past the three little pigs with nary a huff or a puff, John Galliano enchants Captain Hook and Peter Pan, and Alber Elbaz creates a ruffled, red ensemble for an obviously enchanted Minnie Mouse.

Photobucket

There may not be a fountain of youth but there may potentially be a ‘mildly regressive comic strip of fewer grey hairs and the occasional missing wrinkle”.

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    11:48 PM
    I love this! I have had mixed feelings about past "fantasy" collaborations in fashion magazines (I have a very vague recollection of one in Bazaar that didn't work for me) but this one is really fun.

    I'm glad to hear your philosophy of cartoons as I follow the same creed. I won't admit it to my friends, though, since I am at an age where I really should only be watching them with my children... now if only I had some children...

    And thanks so much for entering my giveaway! I appreciate getting the feedback on future designs too.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...