The family anatidae

“If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.” - Douglas Adams

There's an episode of the cartoon classic, Peanuts, where Lucy gets a sun visor...is mocked by the rest of the gang, who walk around behind her quacking...and, at the end of the episode, is followed by a family of ducks. I don't think they show the end results of all this hilarity...I always assumed it was Lucy walking into her house, muttering under her breath, and putting the visor in the trash.

Whenever I pull this jacket out of my closet I think of Lucy's visor. I can't help feeling that, one day, there'll be a trail of ducklings tagging along in my wake...
Photobucket

Jacket - Phillip Lim, t-shirt - Muji, jeans - Joe's, flats - Jones the Bootmaker

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    11:04 AM
    That jacket is adorable. It is worth wearing, even if you are stalked by ducks.
  • 11:48 AM
    Ooh...I love the jacket. It's really cute especially with the big buttons and white trim. Bright yellow is such a mood-lifter.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...