"...or is the train going sixty miles an hour and you're just sitting still?"

"Going to work for a large company is like getting on a train. Are you going sixty miles an hour or is the train going sixty miles an hour and you're just sitting still?" - J Paul Getty

It's a little surprising, given that I was rather a nerdy child, that I've never owned a toy train set. Perhaps, in the back of my mind, the stereotypical image of a trainspotter...in hooded anorak, geek glasses, clutching a pad of paper and a pen ready to jot down any minutiae related to the 10:15 to Aberdeen...was too great of a hurdle to overcome.

Or maybe I just never found the right train set...because, I have to say, one glimpse of this mechanical masterpiece in a briefcase and I was smitten. The idea of pulling your briefcase out in the middle of a boring business meeting...opening it...and then playing with your train set...is genius. If only it didn't come with such a hefty price tag.

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...